Monday, July 23, 2012

Who's Monte?

Hi - I'm Monte! Monte Carlo, to be exact. I was named in the city of Monte Carlo, my first cruise port of call back in 2006. Since then, I've traveled to 35 countries, 56 different ports of call, and sailed on seven different cruise ships!

I love to travel, especially on cruises. Mostly, I travel with my porters, Tricia and Jim, whom I allow to carry my baggage.
Cruising isn't the only form of travel I do. I visit professional organizations, too. I've been to six different Society for Technical Communication (STC) annual conferences, countless Northeast Ohio STC (NEO STC) meetings and Socials, and too many board (bored) meetings to count. NEO STC considers me their mascot - I like to let them think that, since I get special treatment.
Tricia often consults me during STC conferences. I help keep her sane there.


I also allow Tricia and Jim to travel domestically with me. Michigan is my favorite travel state. It's right next door to Ohio, and only ~2 hours to the border. I've been up & down that state, from Detroit all the way up to Copper Harbor in the Keweenaw Peninsula - as far North as you can go. What do I love about Michigan? Its State Parks, National Lakeshores, sandy 450 ft. dunes, beautiful lighthouse, the Mighty Mac Bridge, the Soo Locks, the UP, the endless forests, the pristine shorelines of Lake Superior, its clean, clean air up there, and fun in Frankenmuth!
I'll be posting more about my travels as I can. I just wanted to introduce myself! Hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment